We are committed to responsible lending
As a responsible lender we want to ensure that you can repay your loan comfortably in a way that is affordable to you. Our loans provide a solution for your occasional short-term needs. They are not suitable for supporting sustained borrowing over longer periods, nor if you are in financial difficulties. The cost of our loans can be higher than other types of loans, such as those requiring you to provide a guarantor, which are typically payable over a longer period, so if you do require a longer term solution there are other more suitable forms of finance available elsewhere. We use the information you provide to help us make a responsible lending decision as to whether you can afford to repay your loan without causing you any financial difficulty. See our questions section for more information.
For more information please see the Good Practice Customer Charter and Addendum.
The Charter was produced by our trade body the BCCA, the Consumer Finance Association, the Consumer Credit Trade Association and the Finance and Leasing Association. The Charter gives customers enhanced protections when taking out a payday or short-term loan.
Given our commitment to you, we will:
- Lend responsibly at all times. Measures include:
- Credit, ID, employment and income checks to assess affordability
- Prohibiting loan extensions
- Affordable and variable loan amounts based on disposable income
- A daily interest charge
- Be transparent, honest and open. All of the terms and conditions of the loan, as well as the charges, will be displayed clearly upfront before you make a decision about whether to borrow. The only way the cost can increase is if you don't repay your loan on the date agreed.
- Act professionally, reasonably and responsibly in all our dealings with you. We will endeavour to make sure that all our suppliers of goods and services that we do business with, do the same.
- Make sure all our staff are trained to the highest standards incorporating all relevant requirements, guidelines and codes set out in law and by the FCA as well as professional trade bodies such as the BCCA. This will be in addition to our Responsible Lending Principles.
- Ensure you have all the information you require to make an informed and sensible borrowing decision. If at any time you require extra information please do not hesitate to contact us via the website, email or phone.
- Address your questions, handle complaints quickly and efficiently. Our complaints procedure is clearly set out on our Questions page.
- Consider cases of financial difficulty in a sympathetic and positive light.