AND ANY OTHER DOCUMENTS REFERRED TO IN THEM) SETS OUT THE BASIS ON WHICH ANY PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU, OR THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US, WILL BE PROCESSED BY US.
"). Active Securities Limited is committed to preserving the privacy of every user of its Website.
refer to the payday and other lending and related services which we offer through the Website; to "we"
refer to Active Securities Limited; and to "you"
are to you, the Website user.
2. How we collect and use your information
We may collect personal data about you (including your IP address, browser settings, and Website usage) when you register with us; when you carry out transactions through the Website; when you fill in any forms on the Website; when you log in to your account through the Website; and/or when you send e-mails or otherwise correspond with us.
The information which we collect and process will enable us to make lending decisions about you and to supply to you the information and/or Services that you request. Please note that we may use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system in the course of making lending and related decisions about you. We may monitor and record telephone calls for the purpose of security and training.
We may also use your information:
- for fraud prevention and debt collection purposes;
- to contact you for your views on our Services; and
- to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website and/or our Services.
Please see section 4 below in respect of the use and disclosure of your information that we make in connection with credit checks.
In order to provide you with the Services, we may need to contact you by post, telephone, fax, instant message, SMS text message or e-mail. If you do not want us to contact you by any of these means, please indicate this on the application form or let us know by e-mailing us at email@example.com
. Please note that we may not be able to continue providing our Services to you if you request that we do not contact you.
We may also contact you, or permit selected third parties to contact you, by post, telephone, SMS text message and e-mail about other goods or services which may be of interest to you, provided that you have consented to this by ticking the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
In addition, if you expressly consent that we may do so, in the event that we decline your application for a loan we may pass your personal information to third party lenders who may be able to provide you with credit without further notice to you. Any lender who is able to offer you credit will contact you directly to progress your application.
Alternatively, we may provide you with an email or link from our website directing you to third party websites which may be able to help you. In all such cases, we may continue to share data with such third party lenders to monitor the progress of any loan approval process.
If you have consented but later do not want us to use your data or allow third parties to use your data for marketing purposes, please let us know by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, or alternatively, by notifying us through the portal.
3. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to our sub-contractors, agents, service providers, lenders and members of our group of companies in order to provide the Services to you. We will ensure that such persons manage your information securely and use it only in respect of the provision of services to us and/or on our behalf.
If you were introduced to us by a third party, we may give them your contact details and sufficient information about you for their accounting and administration purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Active Securities Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
If you give us false or inaccurate information and/or we suspect fraud, we may record this on your credit history and may also pass information to appropriate law enforcement or regulatory authorities and/or to any Fraud Prevention Agency (FPA
4. Credit Reference Agencies
To help us to make a lending decision about you we may search your records at any relevant credit reference agency (CRA
) and/or FPA. As part of the results of such searches CRA’s may supply to us:
- credit information, such as previous applications for credit which you have made and the conduct of accounts in your name (or, in both cases, of any associates if you are linked – see below for details of how this may occur);
- publically available information, such as details of any county court judgments (CCJs) and bankruptcies;
- electoral Register information; and,
- Fraud prevention information.
When we undertake searches, we will send certain aspects of your information to the CRAs. This information will be recorded by them. The CRAs will note on your records that we have made the search. This information may well then be made available to other organisations that make similar searches.
In the event that we enter into a lending arrangement with you we will add information relating to such lending arrangement to your CRA record on an ongoing basis, including if you do not comply with the repayment terms in our lending arrangement with you. Such information will remain on your record for up to 6 (six) years after our lending arrangement with you has expired.
It is important that the information that you provide to us is accurate. If you provide us with inaccurate information we will record this and may also pass such information on to the CRAs, FPAs and/or other similar organisations.
We may throughout the term of any lending arrangement make periodical searches of your records at the CRAs, FPAs and other similar agencies.
The information held about you by CRAs may be linked to records relating to one or more of your partners and/or members of your household. This is called an ‘association’. We may search, link and/or record information concerning both you and any such associate(s), both in our own records and those of the CRAs. This information may continue to be linked until you or your associate notifies us or the CRAs that you are no longer associated.
For the purposes of us making a lending decision about you, we may treat you as being financially linked to your partner(s) and/or member(s) of your household and your application for a loan may be assessed with reference to any such ‘associated’ records. By making an application you declare that you are entitled to disclose information about your partner(s) and/or members of your household and you authorise us to search and record information at the CRAs and FPAs about you and such persons.
You can contact the CRAs operating in the UK and request, for a small fee, that they disclose to you the records they hold about you. The main CRAs operating in the UK are Callcredit plc, Experian Ltd and Equifax Ltd.
5. Storage of Information and Security
The information you provide to us via the Website will be stored and processed on servers based in the UK. However, in the course of our operations (including, without limitation, in the course of entering into a lending arrangement with you, and/or providing you with other Services, via SMS text message, or in storing email and other communications between you and us) we may transfer your personal data to our service providers who are based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting your personal data you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside of the European Economic Area. We will require our service providers who process your personal data to keep it safe and secure in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your data is treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and we employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. In particular, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology and have stringent internal procedures to ensure only those of our employees who require access to your data have access to it.
However, you acknowledge that communications sent via the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure.
We will only retain your information for a reasonable period or for so long as either you or applicable legislation permits.
6. Changes to your Personal Information
If your personal information changes or you find that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, please advise us of the relevant changes as soon as possible:
- by e-mail to email@example.com; or
- by post to Active Securities Limited, 145 – 157 St. John Street, London EC1V 4PY,
clearly stating the changes that you require.
Cookies are small files that are written or downloaded to the hard drive of your computer or other device when you access a website. Cookies can be used to allow websites to store and quickly retrieve login information on your computer (or other device) and provide data that can be used to improve service quality. You may set up your computer (or other device) to reject cookies or notify us that you object to the issue of cookies. However, should you do so, you may not be able to use the whole of, or certain features on, our Website. To find out more information regarding cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Details of the cookies we use are displayed below:
247Moneybox.com customer portal cookie
- This cookie is used when you login to your account through the Website and has the following name: moneybox_login. There is a tick box consent on the customer login page that needs to be ticked in order to login. The purpose of this cookie is to keep your login session live whilst accessing your account. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
247Moneybox.com affiliate portal cookie
- This cookie is used when you login to your affiliate account through the Website and has the following name: app_sid. There is a tick box consent on the affiliate login page that needs to be ticked in order to login. The purpose of this cookie is to keep your login session live whilst accessing your affiliate account. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
247Moneybox.com customer cookie
- This cookie is used when you apply for a loan through our application form and has the following name: id_key. There is a tick box consent on the application form that needs to be ticked in order to apply for your loan. The purpose of this cookie is to detect fraudulent use of our Services by linking applications made, with the devices on which applications are made from. This cookie will last for 24 months.
247Moneybox.com affiliate tracking cookies
- These cookies are used when you visit our Website from a tracking link and have the following names: refURL and aid. The purpose of these cookies is to track which affiliate/website introduced you to our Website. We may give the affiliate your contact details and sufficient information about you for their accounting and administration purposes. These cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
247Moneybox.com cookie banner view cookie
- This cookie is used to record if a user has viewed the banner notifying usage of cookies on our Website and has the following name: moneybox_cookies. This cookie will last for 3 months.
8. Third party websites
Active Securities Limited (trading as 247Moneybox.com) is a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with company registration number 05671281. Our registered office address is 145-157 St. John Street, London EC1V 4PY. Active Securities Limited is licensed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (licence number 622332).
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be e-mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to report any complaint or concern that you may have about our handling of personal data. In the first instance, you should do so by contacting our Data Protection Officer at:
145 – 157 St. John Street,
Or by telephone on 020 7183 9201, or by email at email@example.com
The personal data that you supply with your complaint may be retained by us for the purposes of processing your complaint, and for statistical and audit purposes and will be stored in accordance with our standard procedures as set out above.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the UK Information Commissioner, the independent authority which regulates compliance with the laws governing the processing of personal data. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s House
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510.